The Vampire Facial®, or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), involves extracting a small amount of patient’s blood from their arm and spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the plasma – the fluid part – from the red and white blood cells.
The concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets – the part of the blood rich with growth factors – is then put all over the face after a Dermapen Microneedling treatment. It is also often injected into the face Some practitioners combine it with dermal fillers to further plump up problem areas, such as under the eye.
Benefits of the facial:
- Acne and post-acne;
- Elimination of small and facial wrinkles;
- Lift facial contours for a total reduction of skin tone;
- Helps rosacea on the face;
- Restoration of the skin after a deep peeling (chemical or laser);
- Reduces presence of scars and scarring on the face;
- Elimination of hyperpigmentation on the face.